Wednesday, December 7, 2016
On the day when it finally started raining, while our beautiful temperate rainforest was still ablaze, there were flash flood and tornado warnings for the surrounding area. And this is just my neck of the woods - I know that tsunamis, tornados, hurricanes, floods, droughts, blizzards and ice storms have amped up everywhere. What are we doing to our world?
Friday, December 2, 2016
Saturday, November 26, 2016
As I watch the news rolling in on the appointment of a bevy of white supremacists and others who would undo the strides we've made in the rights of women, children, minorities and the LGBT community, I have deliberately turned my head temporarily to focus in on what I can still be thankful for.
- Enough food to eat heartily and extra to save for other days.
- An ability to cook, with or without recipes.
- A cozy little house that keeps us warm and dry.
- A yard of my own so I can dig in the dirt and make a place for the bees and butterflies.
- Good health and an able body.
- A career that lets me (most of the time) help people heal and get stronger.
- Plans for travel ahead of me.
- A safe, friendly neighborhood that prides itself on its cohesiveness.
- Family and friends who remind me that I am not the only one saddened by the surge in bigotry.
- Our merged family with four children I love dearly.
- A loving husband who is giving me a second chance at a happy marriage.
I wish for all of you- regardless of your political leanings - compassion, peace, clarity and gratitude in the coming year.
Thursday, November 10, 2016
The nation, through our outdated electoral college system, has chosen to put us in the hands of a man who brags about assaulting women, encourages violence, and revels in his own prejudice and narrow-mindedness. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and we will ALL have to pay for their anger and bigotry. I am ashamed for us, afraid for us, and grieving for us.